What is Temple College Preparatory
The Temple College Preparatory (TCP) is a state approved, private school for children ages pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. Preparing students for college is the focal point of our school.
TCP accepts the John McKay Scholarship, Florida Private Scholarship, Corporate Tax Credit Scholarship and Private Pay students.
- Create interactive mentoring opportunities for high school students and local professionals.
- Improve graduation percentage rates of students in Duval County.
- Change the educational learning environment for students and the surrounding community.
- Enhance the health, safety and welfare of students and the community.
- Provide college educational opportunities for high school students while they are still in school.
- Establish mentoring and internship relationships with local colleges.
- Use state established standards and innovative pedagogy (teaching methods) to benchmark “Best Practices” in teaching.
- Provide degreed teachers, enhanced teaching tools and supports services as it relates to student needs increasing their opportunity for growth and development.
- Incorporate guest speakers, teaching workshops and special training for staff development introducing modal (diverse) methods into various learning environments.
- Coordinate with local, governmental agencies, churches and other stakeholders in providing health and welfare services for guardians and students.
- Provide after school parent workshops, GED, and computer technology classes for the adult learners.
Temple College Prep Founder & Technology Director
Dr. James E. Parris, Jr., RA, CGC, AIA, NCARB
Dr. James E. Parris, Jr. is a graduate of the University of Florida College of Architecture. He has a Bachelor of Design in Architecture (with honors), a Master of Design in Architecture and a Master of Arts in Urban and Regional Planning. He worked as a City Planner in Gainesville, Florida from 1980 to 1983. After graduation, Dr. Parris worked as an Architect for one of the largest architecture and engineering firms in northeast Florida. After five years of acquiring knowledge in multi-million dollar large scale commercial, industrial, retail and institutional projects, Dr. Parris worked for a fortune 500 Design/Build construction company. At this company Dr. Parris obtained additional knowledge in areas of architecture, general contracting and design-build fast-track construction.
In 1997, after ten years with the fortune 500 company, Dr. Parris founded his own firm. Today his firm provides architectural, engineering, planning, cost estimating, general contracting, construction management and design build services. Dr. Parris has an NCARB national architectural registration that is valid in 48 states. Dr. Parris is also a state certified general contractor. Over his 30 year professional career Dr. Parris has been the architect in charge of several public schools, university projects, numerous industrial plants, large scale residential developments, airport facilities, hospitals, NASA facilities, military facilities, office buildings, food processing plants, numerous churches, etc., both locally and nationally. Currently, Dr. Parris is an adjunct professor at one of the local colleges.
Dr. Parris is also the bishop and pastor of Faith Deliverance Worship Center. The church provides the overall vision for the Temple College Preparatory School. Dr. Parris works in conjunction with the TCP board of directors. Dr. Parris has a Doctorate in Educational Philosophy (Ed.D.). He has years of experience in the areas of leadership training and development.
TCP Principal – Dr. Elmer C. Gregory, Ph.D.
The Principal of the Temple College Preparatory is Dr. E.C. Gregory. Dr. Gregory has a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Duke University. He began his theological training at Luther Rice Seminary where he earned several degrees including a Bachelor of Arts in Biblical and Theological Studies, Master of Arts in Biblical and Theological Studies, a Master of Divinity, and a Doctor of Ministry. He furthered his studies at the Trinity Theological Seminary in Evansville, Indiana where he earned a Doctor of Philosophy in Christian Education. This PhD is accredited by the University of Liverpool in Liverpool, England. He earned a Doctor of Arts degree in Nouthetic Counseling also from Trinity Seminary.
Dr. Gregory is the former Director of the Luther Rice Bible College and Seminary extension campus of Jacksonville. He resides presently on several Boards of Directors in Jacksonville: Chairman of the Board of the Mental Health Center of Jacksonville Florida; Vice Chairman on the Board of Directors for the Renaissance Behavioral Health System, Board Directors of the Mental Health Resource Center and a trustee on the Board of the Riverside Presbyterian Day School.
Dr. Gregory currently serves as the Director of the Berean Bible College and Seminary, satellite campus in Jacksonville. In addition to operating this school, he serves as one of the professors concentrating in the study areas of counseling and theological studies.
Dr. Gregory has held several positions in the community such as:
- 1990 – Board of Director of the North Council Chamber of Commerce
- 1991 – Vice President of the North Council Chamber of Commerce
- 1992 – President of the North Council Chamber of Commerce
- 1992 – Appointed to the Board of Governors – Full Chamber
- 1992 – Served on the Board of the Jacksonville Transportation Authority
- 1993 – Appointed Chairman – Minority Business Opportunity Commission
(Appointed by the Deputy Director of the U.S. Department of Commerce)
In the News: Dr. Elmer Gregory, Hero Next Door
Temple College Preparatory's principal, Dr. Elmer Gregory, has been named a "Hero Next Door" by Jacksonville's First Coast News (a Ganette Company). To read more and view the video news story, click the image at left.
Temple College Prep: Copyright Notice
Important Information You Should Know
All materials contained on this site are protected by United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Temple College Preparatory or in case of third party materials, the owner of that content.
You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content. You may, however, download material from Temple College Preparatory (one machine readable print copy per page) for your personal, noncommercial use only.
Links to web sites other than those owned by Temple College Preparatory are offered as a service to readers. Temple College Preparatory was not involved in their production and is not responsible for their content.
Click here to read our Copyright Notice in full, including procedures for copyright infringement.
Temple Prep Video
Dr. Elmer C. Gregory, principal, welcomes you to Temple College Prep. TCP offers a comprehensive education to children of all backgrounds. Click below to view our latest video.
Want More Info?
Parents are you interested in keeping up with what's new on campus? Sign up for our newsletter or "Like Us" on Facebook.