Facts About Cookies & How To Enable Them
What Is A Cookie?
A "cookie" is a small piece of information that a Web site can store in a designated file on your computer. Cookies can be used, among other things, to identify you when you log in to a Web site. When you visit a site, that site can access only the information which it stored in your cookie — not information put in your cookie by other sites. Resources
First-party cookies are cookies that are set by the site domain listed in the address bar. Third-party cookies come from other domain sources that have items, such as ads or images, embedded on the page. Depending on your browser, you can control which types of cookies you allow.
Will another Web site be able to steal my ID and password?
No. Only TempleCollegePrep.com can read the information about your ID and password. No other Web site has access to it through your browser. However, anyone who sits down at your computer can log on to our site using your Member information if you have chosen to "save your ID and password." We recommend saving your sign-on only if your computer is in a secure location; if you are in a public place and want to make sure that your ID and password are not stored there, click "Log Out."
For more information on cookies, visit "The Unofficial Cookie FAQ" web site.
How to Enable Cookies in your Browser
- Click the wrench icon.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Click Content settings in the "Privacy" section.
- Select Allow local data to be set to allow both first-party and third-party cookies. If you only want to accept first-party cookies, check the box next to "Block all third-party cookies without exception."
- On the "Tools" menu, Select "Options."
- Select the "Privacy" icon in the top panel.
- Check the box corresponding to "Accept cookies from sites."
- Click "OK" to save changes.
- On the "Edit" menu select "Preferences."
- Click on the "Security" icon on the top row.
- In the Accept cookies section, select "Always"
- Click the close X (on top) to save your changes.
- Select "Internet Options" from the Tools menu.
- Click on the "Privacy" tab.
- Click the "Default" button (or slide to "Medium") under "Settings."
- Click "OK."
- Select "Preferences" from the Tools menu.
- Click on the "Advanced" tab.
- Click on the "Cookies" option.
- Select the "Accept cookies" radio button option.
- Click "OK" to save your changes.
Temple College Preparatory Copyright Notice:
Important Information You Should Know
All materials contained on this site are protected by United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Temple College Preparatory or in case of third party materials, the owner of that content.
You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content. You may, however, download material from Temple College Preparatory (one machine readable print copy per page) for your personal, noncommercial use only.
Links to web sites other than those owned by Temple College Preparatory are offered as a service to readers. Temple College Preparatory was not involved in their production and is not responsible for their content.
Click here to read our Copyright Notice in full, including procedures for copyright infringement.
Temple Prep Video
Dr. Elmer C. Gregory, principal, welcomes you to Temple College Prep. TCP offers a comprehensive education to children of all backgrounds. Click to view our video.
Want More Info?
Parents are you interested in keeping up with what's happening on campus? Sign up for our newsletter or "Like Us" on Facebook.